Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

bad press - good cats

After seeing the news piece below I decided it was time to go again to get images from the Miami shelter. I had realized that in my trips before I had no pictures of cats from there....

http://www.wsvn.com/features/articles/carmelcase/MI90897/

There were many cats, but not as many as I had expected. For 22,000 being killed last year,, I got to thinking about the dogs and cats that make it to the adoption area versus the ones that don't. I wonder what the percentages are that make it? I wonder how long they get?

I fell in love with all the cats and wanted to take some home- and I will adopt one or two in the future. I lost my two cats this last year- ages 18 and 20- I have gone to look at adoptable cats on numerous occasions, but I just don't feel like I am ready for another one yet-- but when I am I think it/they will be from Miami.

The cats are given shoe boxes to hide in and many of them just hid while I was there- like this one #a1321958.




No comments: