Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I went back to the shelter in Miami to take more photos. I had not been for a long time. A very long time. It just costs so much to go there since I am about 2 hours away. I decided that when I sold my last photo that it was a sign that I needed to go back.. so I did. The day that I was there they had over 400 animals. I had wanted to take photos of every one of them. However, I never got any cat photos and I thought I had all the dogs (aside from those in quarantine)... but on my way home I realized that I missed a few. Ugh. I have a lot of photos. A lot... more than I have ever taken before. It is hard to take the photos in the shelter.. I have bars and chain link to deal with.. the dogs are scared.. they are excited and they don't just sit and stay still for me. So many times I can take tons of pictures and only 1 or 2 are decent.

When I was there though, it was cool because I got to photo some of the dogs outside in the play area. I  just let them run around and play and worked to capture them in a more natural way. I only got a few that way - the shelter is very busy and the volunteers and workers who help me with taking them out were awesome!

So .. here are a few of the photos.. taken at Miami Dade Animal Service on Dec. 4 2011. If you are interested in any of them or know someone who is please contact them at 7401 NW 74 St Miami, FL 33166 phone #305-884-1101. Their website is http://www.miamidade.gov/animals/

Please keep in mind I am not an employee of the shelter.. just an artist with a camera so if you have questions about the dogs please contact the shelter. Also- please note- although I do want the photos shared to help save their lives, the photos are all copyrighted. I do not give permission to use them in advertising, sales, reproductions, etc. I post them now simply to help save the dogs.. the photos are my work.. so please do not steal my work. 







































No comments: